Fans of British royalty should know that the author Dahlia Clearwater has published a book in the form of a recipe book with all the culinary preparations that appear in the series of The Crown. The publication, called “The Queen’s Kitchen: The Unofficial Cookbook for Fans of The Crown”brings together in 240 pages the favorite dishes of the protagonists of the acclaimed series on the life of Elizabeth II.
Among the dozens of recipes coming directly from the kitchens of Buckingham Palace, you can cook authentic delicacies such as the famous dish that marked a before and after in the relationship of Meghan Markle with Prince Harry. to the most foodies You will like to know that this delicious recipe is very easy and quick to prepare. Let’s start!
The easy and delicious recipe that fell in love with the Dukes of Sussex
If you are imagining a meal gourmet either deliYou should know that this dish is far from being something that one could expect to find on the menu of a privileged duke. And it is that when Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced their engagement, the Duchess of Sussex revealed in an interview for Good Housekeeping magazine that Harry proposed to her while she was roasting a chicken at home.
We could say that the grilled chicken was what sealed the royal marriage! In this sense, thanks to the recipe book we know that This is a fairly simple recipe. roast chicken that does not hide anything special, but that, well done, can become a real delight.
A year later, Meghan revealed that the roast chicken recipe she made that day it was from the American chef Ina Garten. The most surprising thing is that other interpreters have also been conditioned by this recipe and have ended up marrying other personalities thanks to the grilled chicken. What will this special dish make of Cupid?
“The real chicken”: the roast chicken recipe that always ends in compromise
Years later, the chef Helen Tzouganatos revealed how to make the famous dish popularly known as “royal chicken”. Helen explained that, in addition to Meghan, the British Golden Globe-winning actress, Emily Bluntalso cooked the same recipe for the interpreter john krasinski a few months after meeting him. In less than a year, he too proposed to her.
“I made something that I knew he would like, and that was enough. Who doesn’t like roast chicken… I like Ina Garten’s version best, which is known as ‘the engagement chicken’. When someone sets it up for someone else, they end up getting engaged,” Emily explained on the podcast. River Cafe Table 4.
how to cook meghan and harry roast chicken recipe
Dahlia Clearwater does not ensure that the recipe will get a prince as a husband. However, you can learn it to surprise your loved ones and yourself. It is very fast and simple! You will need to:
Ingredients (for three servings)
- A chicken to roast
- Kosher Salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Two lemons
- A whole head of garlic
- Olive oil
- Two onions
- Half a cup of dry white wine
- Half a cup of chicken broth -preferably homemade-
- a tablespoon of flour
- Step 1. Preheat the oven to 220 °C.
- Step 2. Cut the head of garlic in half, crosswise. Then peel and cut the two onions into thick slices.
- Step 3. Remove and discard the chicken giblets. Let it dry and season the inside of the chicken abundantly.
- Step 4. Cut the lemons into quarters and place two on the chicken next to the garlic. Reserve the other lemon quarters for later.
- Step 5. Brush the outside of the chicken with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Step 6. Tie the legs with cooking string and tuck the tips of the wings under the body of the chicken.
- Step 7. Place the chicken in a baking dish. Place the other reserved lemons and the sliced onions in a large bowl and toss it all together with two tablespoons of olive oil, one teaspoon of salt, and half a teaspoon of pepper. Then, pour the mixture around the chicken in the pan.
- Step 8. Grill chicken for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, until juices run clear when sliced between leg and thigh.
- Step 9. Remove the chicken to a platter, cover it with aluminum foil and let it rest for 10 minutes while you prepare the sauce, leaving the lemons and onions in the pan.
- Step 10. Place the skillet over the heat and set it to medium-high heat. Add the wine and stir with a wooden spoon to remove any brown bits.
- Step 11. Next, add the broth and sprinkle in the flour, stirring well for one minute, until the sauce thickens. Also add any juices that have collected under the chicken.
- Step 12. Finally, carve the chicken in a dish and serve it with the lemons, onions and hot sauce. And ready! you would have prepared “royal chicken”.
Actress Emily Blunt insists that the key is use a baking tray that is not too large so that the onions in the garnish stick as closely as possible to the chicken and cook to perfection, without burning. “My God, it’s divine. It’s so juicy and delicious,” the actress promised on the podcast. Now is your turn!
If you want to be up to date with everything we publish on www.elmueble.com, subscribe to our newsletter.
Collected by Cookingtom
I’m Brian Danny Max, a chef and a writer at cookingtom.com. I’m here to talk about food and cooking, and to share some of my favorite recipes with you all! I’ve been interested in food and cooking since I was a child. My parents are both great cooks, and they taught me a lot about the kitchen. I’ve been cooking professionally for about 10 years now, and I’ve loved every minute of it! I specialize in healthy, flavorful recipes that are easy to make at home. I believe that anyone can cook a delicious meal, no matter their skill level. I’m here to help you learn how to cook, and to show you that it’s not as difficult as you might think! I hope you’ll check out my blog and my recipes, and I look forward to hearing from you!