He Biscayne cod is a classic of classics, and in the traditional basque cuisineIt is a fundamental recipe that should not be missing in certain seasons, such as Lent. The object of contests, it is a simple recipe, but with a characteristic flavor. But, did you know that the order of the Discalced Carmelites always eat when they are awake? The Carmelites keep vigil all year round.
Today I am sharing my favorite recipe to prepare Biscayan cod, it is a traditional recipe that you can make at home during the Easter season or, take advantage of the hot season and seafood, to have this delicious dish on your table.
- 600 g of desalted cod
- 175g of extra virgin olive oil
- 7 cloves of garlic to confit the oil
- 250g onion
- 1 small leek
- 1 small carrot
- 70 g of natural tomato
- 1 small green bell pepper
- 50 g dry bread
- 75ml white wine
- 50ml cognac
- 500 ml of fish broth
- 9 chorizo peppers (or chilies of your choice that are not hot).
1) Put the oil with the whole but crushed garlic in a pot, at a low temperature. When it starts to boil, remove from the heat, and let it infuse for about 10 minutes. Remove the garlic.
2) In the same pot, fry the chopped onion, carrot, leek, carrot, tomato and green pepper. Poach over low heat for an hour and a half.
3) After that time we add the bread, the white wine, the cognac and leave it for another half hour over low heat.
4)Put the dried peppers in hot water, remove from the water and remove the pulp.
5) Add the broth and let it boil for another hour.
6) Add the pulp of the chorizo pepper and let it poach all together for another half hour.
7) Next, remove and pass through the potato mill and then through the Chinese mill. Put a pinch of salt.
This sauce is never crushed. Remove the cod, drain it and place it in a casserole with the Biscayan sauce.
Collected by Cookingtom
I’m Brian Danny Max, a chef and a writer at cookingtom.com. I’m here to talk about food and cooking, and to share some of my favorite recipes with you all! I’ve been interested in food and cooking since I was a child. My parents are both great cooks, and they taught me a lot about the kitchen. I’ve been cooking professionally for about 10 years now, and I’ve loved every minute of it! I specialize in healthy, flavorful recipes that are easy to make at home. I believe that anyone can cook a delicious meal, no matter their skill level. I’m here to help you learn how to cook, and to show you that it’s not as difficult as you might think! I hope you’ll check out my blog and my recipes, and I look forward to hearing from you!