12-16 fresh shrimp
1 lb. cubed fish
2 squid tubes cut into squares
1 lb. sliced octopus
1 lobster tail cut into pieces
1 lb. of small scallops
1 cooking chorizo cut into fine cubes
¼ onion, diced
½ red and ½ green bell peppers, diced
1 tablespoon Chef Piñeiro brand minced garlic
2 cups of parboiled rice
4 cups well-seasoned seafood or fish broth
1 tsp saffron
2 tbsp smoked paprika
2 tbsp tomato puree
fresh herbs to taste
Seasoning and more with Chef Piñeiro brand achiote
1. Marinade all the shellfish with the achiote seasoning.
2. In a saucepan with olive oil, fry the chorizo, onion, peppers and garlic for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the saffron, paprika, tomato puree and continue to fry for 2 more minutes.
4. Add half of each shellfish, rice and broth.
5. Bring the preparation to a boil over medium high heat and at the same time arrange the rest of the shellfish on the surface.
6. Once the broth is dry, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
7. Finish with herbs and lemon.
Collected by Cookingtom
I’m Brian Danny Max, a chef and a writer at cookingtom.com. I’m here to talk about food and cooking, and to share some of my favorite recipes with you all! I’ve been interested in food and cooking since I was a child. My parents are both great cooks, and they taught me a lot about the kitchen. I’ve been cooking professionally for about 10 years now, and I’ve loved every minute of it! I specialize in healthy, flavorful recipes that are easy to make at home. I believe that anyone can cook a delicious meal, no matter their skill level. I’m here to help you learn how to cook, and to show you that it’s not as difficult as you might think! I hope you’ll check out my blog and my recipes, and I look forward to hearing from you!