Don’t get me wrong, I love garlic knots. But, I don’t know about you, but when I’m trying to figure out how to make something it has to be on the greasier side. That’s why I decided to make them with pizza dough instead of the usual roll.
If you love pizza as much as I do, you’ve probably tried all of the pizza dough recipes that are out there. This includes the original pizza dough recipe that you probably saw at the beginning of this video. I really like this recipe. But I’ve tried a couple of different recipes that are based on pizza dough. This is a recipe that I’ve used that I like very much. I like to use this dough to make garlic knots and pizza. That’s what we’re going to make today.
How To Make Homemade Garlic Knots
Garlic knots are such a fun and easy side to serve with pizza or pasta. This recipe is perfect for a quick and easy appetizer or snack. You’ll need about 2 cups of pizza dough, and you’ll also need 1 cup of butter and 1/3 cup of milk. To make garlic knots, follow these easy steps:
1. Take your pizza dough and cut it into six equal parts.
2. Roll the dough into a rope and fold it over.
3. Continue to roll the dough in the same direction.
4. Take a knife and cut the rope into 1.5” slices.
5. Roll the slices in a bowl of salted water until they’re all covered in salt.
6. Take your garlic and rub it against your knife.
7. Dip your dough rope into your oil.
8. Starting at one end of your rope, lay your garlic slice flat on top of your rope.
9. Fold the end of your rope over your garlic and keep rolling the knots.
10. Continue until you’ve rolled all the knots.
If you make these pizza knots often, they’re sure to keep coming back for more. Although I use pizza dough for this recipe, you could also use bread dough if you prefer. Make sure to let the dough rise so it can double in size. There are many toppings you could use for this pizza. Try grated mozzarella cheese, shredded Romano, crushed pepperoni, diced pepperoni, olives, diced tomatoes, artichoke hearts, basil, basil pesto, sliced olives, pepperoncini, jalapenos, sun-dried tomatoes, sliced pepperoni, garlic, broccoli, or sliced mushrooms.
How to Make Garlic Knots with Pizza Dough
How to make garlic knots with pizza dough. Try this delicious snack for dipping pizza or garlic bread in. Add a sprinkle of freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Then, form the dough into a knot and top it with some fresh sliced garlic. This recipe from BuzzFeed is better than the traditional spaghetti and meatballs.
Ingredients for Garlic Knots with Pizza Dough